Tom Thumb PreschoolWe Are Hiring
We are expanding our team of dedicated, talented and caring professionals
Job Positions at Tom Thumb
For over 50 years Tom Thumb Preschool has been the yardstick to measure excellence in early education and child care in the Lakeland School District. We provide our students with Lifetime Learning Skills and Kindergarten Readiness. Hence, we hire the best staff possible to pursue our goal of “Excellence in Education” for the very young child”.
Tom Thumb is a wonderful place to work. Our team is composed of talented, energetic, experienced, and caring employees who make learning a fun experience. Our employees are our greatest asset and they fulfill an important role to ensure our students develop mentally, physically, and socially, while at Tom Thumb.
The job candidate must:
- Possess the proper knowledge, skills, and experience
- Prior early education or child care experience
- Job references
- Agree to be fingerprinted, vetted & drug tested
- Have a New York driver’s license
- Perform the work according to our quality standards
- Treat our customers with respect
- Have a passion for the work
- Be a caring individual
- Team player
- Desire to learn new skills and our best-practices
If you have any questions, please call us at (914) 528-5600 or to discuss the new positions available.
Current Position Available
ThumBelina Assistant Teacher
We are looking for an experienced, mature, and caring Assistant Teacher for our ThumBelina Program for 2-year-olds. As an assistant teacher, you will work with the class teacher in a structured learning environment to guide and allow our students to learn by the “Power of Play” which includes exploring, imagining, group interactions, and using their curiosity to take action. You must have a passion for early education and child care to provide loving care to help in the child development of our students.
You will aid and help the class teacher to implement a flexible schedule to develop cognitive skills and fine-tune motor skills, as well as, social skills for independent assertions, sharing, and group play.
We are seeking to hire staff members that are talented, enjoy children, and are genuinely sincere about child development and learning. We encourage collaboration, value open communication, and foster contributions to improving our ThumBelina program.
Tom Thumb is currently seeking a passionate, nurturing, loving, and experienced Assistant Teacher to join our ThumBelina program.
Assistant ThumBelina Teachers will:
- Provide a loving, and cooperative relationship with each child
- Maintain open communication with each child’s family.
- Follow our ThumBelina Program Schedule
- Comply with New York Office of Children and Family Services
- Initiate and nurture stimulating and fun activities with students
- Support the emotional, intellectual, and social development of each student
- Promote feelings of security and trust in each student
- Always lookout for the health, security, and well-being of each student
- Help plan and execute the class schedule and individualized development plans for students
- Conduct a daily classroom safety inspection
- Monitor physical and emotional well-being of children
- Assess student’s needs & discuss them with the teacher
- Constantly supervise the children at all times, no exceptions
- Accept supervision, instructions, and recommendations
- Attend regular meetings and staff training
- Communicate effectively with other staff members and parents
- Always behavior professionally & respect others
- Participate and collaborate ideas and materials with staff
- Provide loving child care that may include diaper changing
Assistant Teacher qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have at least a High School Diploma
- Must have training or a certificate with toddlers care
- Must have 3 work references
- At least 1 year of experience working with young children
At Tom Thumb, our goal is to bring fun and excitement to early childhood education. Our ThumBelina program was specially developed for 2-year-olds with a facility design for our program. Our program is time-tested and continues to be improved every year. The ThumBelina Program is run by our dedicated teachers and Assistant Teacher that provide loving care. Our purpose is to provide a safe friendly classroom environment, for students to have a fun learning experience and develop new skills and confidence.
Our students are taught an age-appropriate program that focuses on developing cognitive skills, motor skills, and developing the social skills to function successfully in preschool interactions positively.
We are seeking teachers who are talented, enjoy working with children, and are genuinely interested in the success of child development and preschool learning. We looking for a take-charge professional willing to collaborate with others, freely communicate, and wants to help us enhance our program to improve the benefits we deliver.
Tom Thumb Preschool is currently seeking an experienced, passionate, loving, and knowledgeable Teacher to join our ThumBelina program for 2’s.
ThumBelina Teachers will:
- Sustain an open, loving and cooperative relationship with each child
- Provide the point of contact for each child’s family for assessment, status and involvement of the parents.
- Adhere to the rules of New York Office of Children and Family Services
- Initiate, create and implement stimulating activities
- Provide daily support and reinforcement of emotional, intellectual and social development.
- Encourage parental involvement in the program
- Ensure the health, security and trust of the students on campus
- Maintain an open line of communication between parents about their child’s developmental and care
- Provide safety checks, access current norms and improve procedures when necessary
- Prepare and implement plans to improve the student’s education and care
- Collaborate with staff, parents and gather shortcomings to provide improvements
- Work with parents to increase their understanding of our programs
- Monitor physical and emotional well-being of children and document when warranted
- Assess child’s, shortcoming, strengths, progress and needs
- Adhere and contribute to improve to all health and safety policies and procedures
- Supervising the children at all times and always know where each child is t all times
- Accept supervision, instructions and feedback
- Supervise the Assistant teacher
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and staff training
- Communicate effectively with others, including giving and receiving feedback
- Cooperate successfully and professionally with staff members
- Offer and collaborate ideas and materials with co-workers
- Provide daily care for toddlers including by not limited to feeding and diaper changing
ThumBelina Teacher qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years old and have one of the following:
- Associate’s (AA or AS) degree in early childhood education
- Child Development Associate (CDA) certification and a study plan leading to an associate’s degree in early childhood education within seven years
- High school diploma); nine college credits in early childhood education or child development; two years’ experience caring for children, and a study plan leading to an associate’s degree in early childhood education within seven years
- High school diploma and five years of supervised experience in an toddler classroom if currently employed in a permitted child care program
- High school diploma); and a study plan that is acceptable to Nancy Brophy to earn a early childhood education in seven years and has some college credits in early childhood education
- Must have 3 work references
- Must show credentials
If you have the qualification and want to be considered for the position at Tom Thumb, please complete the online form below.
Tom Thumb Founder
Complete this online job form to apply for a Tom Thumb position.